Friday, February 27, 2009

Re-posted from my old blog: On Golden Pond

On Golden Pond (Special Edition)
By Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda, Jane Fonda, Doug McKeon, Dabney Coleman

Last night while I was attempting to organize our living room (which is still filled with boxes) Isaac decided to put in the old movie "On Golden Pond" which has Kathryn Hepburn and one of the two main characters. It was Isaac's great-aunt's movie and she was giving it all away, so we just put it on our shelf and didn't watch it... until today.

It was awesome! It's a feel good movie, sort of a Hallmark story except actually made well. I think what is unique about it is that it centers on two very old characters, and Hollywood just doesn't like to deal with that age-group. I can think of just a couple of movies that do it well. In any case, Katherine Hepburn's character is my hero, and rarely have I seem a marriage so beautiful on screen. Isaac commented that evangelicals would love it except that they swear up a storm at each other, something that really made us laugh. Actually from the very beginning of the movie we were laughing SO hard at their stubborn insults to each other and comparing our personalities to theirs.

I highly recommend it. Great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment