Monday, April 27, 2009

Favorite Movies of 2008

Last week I wrote about my favorite movies of 2007. These are my favorites from this past year, though they are slightly mixed up, since I saw some in the theater and some I watched late. I think my 2007 movies include several that are actually 2008. I thought 2007 was a fantastic year in the movie industry, and 2008 isn't quite as good, though I still have my favorites. What do you all think? Any comments on those I haven't seen? Any categorizations that you totally disagree with?

I totally agree with the Academy Awards that I have seen so far - Slumdog Millionaire was amazing and Heath Ledger was stunning in Dark Knight. I haven't seen the rest yet.


Excellent Movies

Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - won 4 Golden Globe

Slumdog Millionaire
The Dark Knight
Australia
21
Iron Man
The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian
Wall-E
Valkyrie
Hancock
In The Valley of Elah
Kung Fu Panda


Good Movies

The Duchess

The Duchess - so sad!
Mama Mia - a girly musical
Wanted
Get Smart - never saw the original TV show so it wasn't as funny to me
Cloverfield - artsy fartsy flick
The Other Boleyn Girl - sex and scandal
In Bruges - SUCH a weird movie. Violent

Didn't like them

10,000 BC
10,000 BC
The Happening
Quantum of Solace (ok, this should probably be in the good list, but the last Bond movie set up such high expectations that this one really flopped in my mind)
W.

Want to see:

穿條紋衣的男孩 The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
The Changeling
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Milk
The Reader
Revolutionary Road
The Secret Life of Bees
Seven Pounds
Defiance

1 comment:

  1. i didn't know there was a movie of the secret life of bees. that was a pretty good book.

    ReplyDelete